VEGAN TRAIL MIX COOKIES.
- Vegan, dairy-free, and can be gluten-free
- Loaded with chocolate chips, dried fruit, and mixed nuts
- Sweet, salty, chocolatey, and fruity
- Tender and gooey on the inside, but golden and crispy on the outside
- Easy to make & ready in 30 minutes
- A no chill cookie recipe that’s made with one bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine vegan butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes). Add almond milk and vanilla extract. Beat together once more to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together just until the flour is evenly incorporated. Toss in the mixed nuts and fruit, along with the chocolate chips. Stir together.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 10-12 balls and transfer to the baking sheet(s). Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. I recommend baking them one sheet at a time on the middle rack in your oven. For soft and chewy cookies, you should remove them while they still appear slightly underbaked and puffy.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. The cookies will depuff while cooling. Enjoy!
- For the best results, I recommend baking the cookies one sheet at a time on the middle rack in your oven.
- For gluten-free cookies, I recommend using a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend that contains xanthan gum.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or GF flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup mixed nuts and fruit
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Purely Kaylie / purelykaylie.com