If you love pecan pie, you’ll go crazy for this easy pecan pie cake! It’s a homemade cake with sugary pecans inside. Best served with ice cream!
How to Make Pecan Pie Cake
Let’s walk through the steps of making this super easy pecan pie cake. It’s a two-step process and may sound strange, but it totally works:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside 1/3 cup (for the second cake part).
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and the milk, alternately, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. This is what it might look like:
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the reserved 1/3 cup flour mixture, melted butter, egg, milk, sugar, corn syrup, and the remaining pecans. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture as evenly as possible over the cake after it has baked for 20 minutes. It will sink towards the bottom….that’s ok! Just trust the process. This is what ours looked like after pouring:
- Bake again for 45 minutes or until the center of the cake is set.
How do you know when the cake is done?
For the most part, you can touch the center of a cake and it will spring back, or if you stick a toothpick in the center, it will come out clean.