- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 13×9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides by 1 in. Grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the remaining butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until blended (mixture will be dry). Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar, and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Stir in butter and cream; return to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Spread over crust.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Discard foil; cut into bars.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 bar: 199 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.