1) Blanch the almonds if necessary (this will take a while)
2) Chop chocolate into small pieces
3) Pre-heat oven to 180 deg cel
4) In a dry skillet, toast almond over low heat until they start to brown and turn fragrant. Allow toasted almonds to cool and then chop coarsely.
5) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
6) Beat eggs and sugar at high speed until thick, pale and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat some more.
7) Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl
8) Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat until combined
9) Fold in the chopped almonds and chocolate pieces until evenly distributed
10) Transfer the biscotti dough onto a well-floured, cool, flat surface, and shape it into a log. Make sure to flour your hands well before shaping as the dough can be quite sticky.
11) Transfer the log of dough onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and then flatten it out a little more to look like a rectangle(for as much as your baking sheet will allow)
12) Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch, then remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, reduce temperature to 165 deg cel.
13) Transfer the log to a cutting board and slice it into pieces (with the thickness of about one large finger).
14) Place biscotti cut side down, on the baking sheet, and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, then flip slices over to the other side, and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
15) Remove from oven and cool before serving with freshly brewed tea